Wednesday, March 10, 2010

the real zoo

We went to the zoo. Sorry no pics. It was a little chilly, but bright and sunny. It was interesting. Molly took her time and looked at stuff. But she was interested in stuff I wasn't necessarily. For example, she found the turtle in a fish tank extremely interesting. I was like, "Oh cool a turtle getting fed mice fetuses. let's go look at the monkeys." And all she really cared about (and seems to remember) was the very first thing we saw- the rhinoceroses. (The plural of rhinoceros is rhinoceros or rhinoceroses- this bothered me and I had to look it up.)
Molly was having a tantrum and scared the polar bear away. We were inside and couldn't see it, so we went outside and she was mad that we went outside.
She also really took note that one seal was swimming around and one was sleeping.

I'm not sure how many trips we'll make to the zoo. Maybe it'll be a yearly thing just for the girls. It kind of depressed both Corey & I. Although it was interesting to see all the animals, it was sad to realize that this is how they spend their days and lives. 2 female elephants just hanging out with each other in this small space. How boring?!

No comments: