Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We're Free!

Out of the hospital... :D

Grandpa Jim holding Ruby for the first time.

Momma & Ruby- sitting in the sunshine

Not the best picture, but it's Corey (aka Daddy) reading to his girls.

US!

Other updates:
Ruby weighed 8lbs 8oz at birth, 8lbs at discharge, and was back to 8lbs 8oz at her weight check appt on the 10th! The doctor was shocked and said "What have you been feeding her?! I guess breastfeeding is going well."

Molly has been doing very well. She has her moments when I can tell she needs a little more special attention, but all in all she is very helpful and understanding, especially for a 20 month old. Today I was burping Ruby and Molly wanted to help and hugged Ruby and was patting her back. (Yes, I cried.) Molly will watch Ruby sleep and just stare at her. Molly also narrates everything Ruby does. It is very cute. And although Ruby can only see about a foot away, she looks towards Molly when she is nearby and talking.

I have forgotten a few things about newborns, such as:
1. how much they sleep
2. how often they poop and
3. how loud their poop is
HA HA HA

Ruby sleeps pretty well with an exception. At night, she thinks she has to sleep next to me, in our bed. She doesn't have to be touching me, but she needs to be next to me. I tried the pack n play right next to the bed and she wakes up within minutes. hmmm... During the day she will sleep in the pack n play for hours all by herself. I guess she just needs some mommy time. She's been sleeping 4-7 hours a night and the dr says this is OK with her weight gain/ eating habits.

1 comment:

Cheryle said...

GREAT family picture!